Leslie Knope, you poetic and noble land mermaid...

I've started and stopped about 3 blog posts since my last one. I can't seem to find a subject worth writing on. Its odd because there's so much going on in my life right now. So, it isn't for lack of material. I suppose it's a lack of inspiration. Finally, I have finished this long awaited post. Drum roll please...

MY LESLIE KNOPE POST!!!

This is very very awesome. My friend Jocelynn and I both love the TV show Parks and Recreation. I understand there are few people who have seen it that don't, but bear with me. She tells me that I am Leslie Knope. She has literally said the words "watching that show is like hanging out with you". Alright, so if you don't know me you may not understand the gravity of the situation. I love Amy Poehler and I love that show. I can't even begin to explain how much. It is brilliant. So, for someone to say that I'm like her is just the best compliment ever. Especially someone I love and respect so much like Jocelynn. Seriously, she is the Ann to my Leslie. She is a vivacious rainbow of joy. So, in the week after Amy Poehler won that (totally past due) Golden Globe, I posted a different Leslie Knope video per day on my Facebook page based on my emotion at the time. It's hilarious and awesome. That inspired me to write an entire blog post dedicated to Amy and Leslie. I've been working on it for a while. So, without further ado:

Why I love the Leslie Knope comparison and why Amy Poehler deserved that and every award years ago.

In gifs.

Leslie loves Harry Potter


And she is blind to the fact that anyone might not love Harry Potter.

She's had some really bad boyfriends.

She's pretty much always positive. Even when things look bleak.

She's proud to be a woman. She looks up to powerful women knowing she is one.


She's really not afraid of being goofy (this is a big one for me)





Ok seriously. I could go on forever with this one... Just one more!

This combines another great Leslie attribute: She's proud of where she comes from

She has her priorities straight:


She's really intense


She loves and takes care of her friends.



Including herself:


Drunk Leslie is the best:






And last but not least, her relationship with one Ben Wyatt. The way this relationship has been written and how these two actors perform it, is so heartwarming, real and just gosh darn cute. Leslie has had some pretty epicly bad boyfriends and honestly she's not exactly the lowest maintenance person to deal with. Also, she's just sometimes downright weird. This is something I can totally identify with and so all I can hope is that somewhere out there is my Ben Wyatt.




The end

Comments

Popular Posts