Chasing Pavements



Scenario:

I meet someone, that someone is taken. Or just was. Or is about to be.

Scenario:

I meet someone, that someone is incredibly emotionally immature 

Scenario:

I meet someone, they are a character on a TV show.

You get the picture.

I suppose that the important thing is that I try. I have not stopped trying. I will not stop trying. The more I try, the closer I get. The closer I get, the more I know what it is that I want. The closer I get, the more I know that I am ready for it. 

I'm ready to find someone to care for and to care for me. Someone who genuinely wants to hear about my day, or the millionth Harry Potter story, or something dumb that my cat did.

I'm ready to live my life with someone by my side.

Love... it seems so elusive. And yet, wherever I look there it is. I'm surrounded by love. Just because it isn't romantic love, doesn't mean it isn't there. My family is more supportive than I thought humanly possible for a group of people to be. I have friends all over the country who care about me and make it clear that they do. I am incredibly lucky and when I take a hard look at my life, it is better than I could have possibly hoped for.

Maybe the point is that there is nothing to figure out. Nothing to worry about. Maybe the more we look and the more we search the more elusive it becomes. The more you focus on something -however small- the bigger it seems. 

And yet I believe... I will continue believing... that there is someone out there destined to be my him.

And I his her.



I'd build myself up
And fly around in circles
Waiting as my heart drops
And my back begins to tingle
Finally could this be it or

Should I give up
Or should I just keep chasing pavements?
Even if it leads nowhere
Or would it be a waste?
Even if I knew my place should I leave it there?
Should I give up
Or should I just keep chasing pavements?
Even if it leads nowhere


Comments

Popular Posts